Wednesday, September 14, 2005

3 miles easy, 38 minutes, shin issue still a wildcard

Manish and I got together at 6.30pm today at Dana St. and ran at an extremely slow pace towards the La Avenida trailhead on the Stevens Creek Trail. We stopped after about a mile to do our stretching in Whisman Park and continued towards the bench on the trail past the Moffett Blvd. In total, we clocked about 38 minutes for our ~3 miles from and back to the Lander Elementary School on Dana St. We weren't doing well in the beginning -- his knee was hurting and my shin (and actually both lower legs) were hurting though not painfully so. We took advantage of the time saved by the short run by doing some more stretching and strengthening than usual.

Running at about 13 min pace for most of the 3 miles, and still finding it a little bit tough because of the hurting lower legs, I found it a little bit funny to imagine that it was the same me who was running an under 7 minute pace on the tracks just yesterday!

After the run was over, I felt as good in the remainder of my evening as after yesterday's tracks. Perhaps, the new start and finish location (Dana St.) as well as the fact that the run was so easy made the experience refreshingly different. However, the left leg's shin is still a worry for me for this weekend's 22-miler. Here's hoping for the best...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home