Monday, September 12, 2005

Easy 6 miles today, 59 minutes, La Avenida Trail

Uma (and/or Srini), I missed your group for the last few weeks! I had not been training with your group and today's run reminded me of the good old times I had with you two awesome people and the folks in your group... It is just not possible to do the stretching and strengthening exercises the same way without you guys.

It is a very encouraging start to the week. After the customary mile-long warm-up from the La Avenida Trailhead through the 101 underpass to the first bench on the right after that, and back to the trailhead; and after the ritualistic stretching; Uma, Manish and I started running together. We did the first 1.5 miles in 17 minutes and then were feeling good enough to gradually increase the pace. We went to the Rengstorff house in a further 16 minutes and got back (through a route shorter by about 0.4 miles) in a total of 59 minutes. Uma and I did the last mile in 9:16 (Manish was just slightly behind in 9:35). This is a much faster pace than normal for both Uma and Manish, and they did it so easily. Good job, guys.

I myself was feeling wonderful during and after the run, especially in the last 2 miles. It had gotten dark by the time we finished, at about 8pm. But Uma is clinical. She still made us do the regular stretching and strengthening exercises. And I for sure am very thankful for that.

Dear 22 miles this Saturday, here I come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home