Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wed, Sept 7, Slow 4 mile run (42 minutes) at San Antonio Baylands, but shin problem resurfaces

My left shin problem seems to be back, and in hindsight I should have taken more care of it the last few weeks when it was okay. Ahh well, water under the bridge...

Given that, I thought of not running today but was in the vicinity of the San Antonio Baylands after a meeting that ended at around 6pm, and the weather was ideal for running. So, I took off slow on the dirt road that starts from the intersection of San Antonio and Terminal Blvd in Mountain View. The shin was paining bad and a slow warm up run followed by a nice calf stretch did not help much. However, the superb surroundings (the outstretches of the beautiful bay and the bird life all along the trail) and ideal running weather were tempting. I was going extremely slow (probably between 11 and 11:30 min/mile) hoping for the shin pain to go away. I turned around after 23 minutes (including a minute long walk). The run back was a bit faster (19:30) helped by the wind and the fact that natural endorphins had suppressed the shin pain a bit and I was running a bit faster.

Once back home, I iced the shin area well. And am keeping my fingers crossed on how it does over the next few days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home