Sunday, September 11, 2005

Thu, Sept 8, 30 minutes on stepper in gym

The training schedule said that we had to do 7 miles on hills. I had mentally decided in the morning that depending on how my shin is doing near the end of the day, I will either run or do the stepper/ellipse in the gym. Thankfully, it was a 'down week' according to the schedule so even if I had to rest completely, it would not have been a diseaster.

I got out a bit late from work and almost decided to not work out (the left brain was working its excuses --- "you should take a complete break", "you can not run because of your shin so what's the point", "it is a down week anyway, so don't worry"). Eventually, I dragged myself out of that trap and into the gym. A half-mile warm-up run on the treadmill made it pretty clear that running was not the right thing to do on the day. It would be good to give the shins a rest. So, I headed to the stepper machine and did it (at levels 10-11) for about 30 minutes. It turned out to be a good cardio exercise (but did not feel as good as running!). I was happy that I was able to get out and do some exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home