Monday, September 05, 2005

A "jog in the park" or a 20-mile long run? (Sept 3, Sawyer Camp Trail, 3:36, 20 miles)

Well, it was not exactly a walk in the park. But it was pretty good. The recovery was awesome. It was one of my best runs, as it felt as good or bad as a 10 miler had earlier in the week. I am grateful to Chakri for that as we ran mile 7 to 14 together (and had a few jokes to share!) and also to Kasturi for running with me for the first six miles. I did equal splits of 1:48 each, and had a very steady-paced run. The somewhat hilly terrain was actually an asset as the downhill miles felt really really good. My legs were beginning to ache by the end of mile#12, but the aches did not get worse and I carried on at the same steady pace as the first 12 miles.

Key learnings:
  • Wake up early in the morning.
  • I love the Tropical flavor Gel. Carry at least 4 packets in the next long run.

PS: If you are wondering why this blog entry is so much shorter than others, the reason is that I just spent 1 hour logging my experience on this run when my network connection died on me and somehow the whole blog entry was lost... This is all I want to write in my second attempt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home