Saturday, October 01, 2005

4x800 on tracks, Tuesday, Sep 27, never had it this easy

So, it is the last two weeks and the tapering down of weekly mileage is now official. I had to skip Monday because of another whirwhind trip to the Boston area (for work).

The Tuesday tracks were only 2 miles with four repeats of 800m each. That the tracks are not favorites of too many people is obvious -- the number of runners turning up has been steadily going down from about 100 people before June to no more than 20 now... As for me, I love the track workout and I look forward to it every week.

Tony was handling everyone and instructed us to run the first and third repeats fast while the second and fourth were to be at marathon goal pace. My times for the 800m repeats turned out to be 3:15, 4:15, 3:15 and 4:15. The 3:15 is probably the fastest ever for me for a 800m repeat. The 4:15 for 800m (which corresponds to 8:30 min/mile) is actually much faster than my expected marathon pace but it is hard to run at 10:30-11min pace immediately after having run at 6:30 pace! Needless to say that these were the easiest track workout ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home