Sunday, September 10, 2006

6-7 mile run at Rancho, Sept 4, morning


Ahh, I am blogging after such a long time. In the meantime, I have finished Napa half and San Francisco half, and the long runs have reached 20 miles. As the meat of the training is almost behind us, it will now be hard for me to even say that I blogged this year's run at all.

Anyhow, I have a new camera, and with it comes a new resolve to carry it along with me on the runs. That means getting comfortable to be able to carry a fuel belt. Thankfully, I can now say that I am now comfortable enough with a belt and some pouches bouncing slightly from my waistline....

Another reason to blog now is that this was my first (and I think last) morning run of the year :-) Why? Well, it was the first because I am not a morning person, and I always feel a bit tired and drowsy for the rest of the day if I run in the morning. Truthfully, it is not that bad, but I have just never tried it long enough for my body to get used to it. However, this was a labor day holiday and what better day to experiment (esp. if this was being followed by three social engagements back to back!)

I guess I should write a bit about the run itself. We started at about 6.45am and were back by 8am. Did the usual deer hollow route to fallen leaf and then up and down the wildcat trail (I think). There were 6 of us, five in the picture and one taking the picture. I would classify the run as easy because we mostly walked the uphill portions.

I did find that my sleep patterns got a bit messed up and as I did not follow up with the same ~5.30am rise every morning, somehow I found myself groggy for most of the next two days as well. So, I have decided that this will be my last morning run of this season. Mornings are beautiful, but I have to be willing to be consistent. So far, it is the evenings I can be consistent in. So, evenings it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home