Monday, May 29, 2006

May 27, 7 mile long run, Los Gatos Creek Trail

This was the first run of the year that I can call "long". I am glad that it went quite well for me. I did the right pacing, found Chakri to run along with me, and recovered remarkably easily (did not even feel like sleeping that afternoon -- a PR for me :-).

Clearly, the trick was to do the right level of pacing. Because when Chakri and I decided to let it loose in the last half a mile, I did feel the fatigue upon me. So, clearly the fatigue was there, it was just kept in control by pacing.

These were my mile splits: 11:25, 11:22, 11:12, 9:51, 9:50, 8:57, 8:10

I did feel side stitches after my first (and only) water break just before the end of mile#3. They were not that severe, and the fact that I was running slow helped me get over them. But, something for me to watch out for in the future long runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home